Wednesday 31 October 2012

A run at sunrise

Hello Lovelies,
as well as taking my crochet project on holiday to Lanzarote, I also packed my running shoes ....it's another thing I hate to do without for too long. I like the chance to run in a different place and THIS run I did in Devon this summer is one of my favourite runs of 2012.
In a hot country I could not face running in the heat of the day ( though many others did ) so I went out at first light ........... 



And headed for the beach..........


The street lights were still shining as I ran along the lovely, traffic free promenade........


This is our favourite beach taken from the same viewpoint as the picture in my previous post, How different it looks........

You can just see a couple of hardy souls enjoying an early morning swim.

I carry on around the headland , heading towards the largest beach. I didn't think it was as pretty as our little bay but the volcanoes behind are impressive.........



Ahhhhhh, sunrise over the sea .......wonderful!.....





Time to head back for breakfast. The nice thing about sunrise in October is it's not that early . This last picture was taken at Eight fifteen. 


It's another run I will look back on fondly and it's great to able to share again with you lovelies.

Jacquie x

14 comments:

  1. Hello Jacquie

    What fantastic and stunning photos. I too enjoy an early morning walk/jog along our shore. The pictures of the sky in the early morning are just stunning. thank you for sharing.
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I looove Devon. Great pics, thanx.
    Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow beautiful where are you????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindas fotos, lindo lugar!

    Beijos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to look back on when the weather gets chilly Jacquie.......beautiful photos.
    Can't believe it's 8.15am, looks two hours earlier.....

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful run, I have recently started running ... well more of a walk run at the moment, but its feeling good!

    Mel
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. so lovely to see the beaches before they fill up and the day begins. Nice time to run! Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd do the same too, run wherever I vacationed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WHAT A PERFECT WAY TO START YOUR DAY...TRULY AMAZING PHOTOS. THEY ALL LOOK SO PEACEFUL....GORGEOUS! SHARI

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cathartic! So glad you took your camera - the early more sky is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me alegro que le gusten nuestras islas;hace tiempo que sigo tu blog y es una maravilla las fotos que subes.Me gustan tus trabajos y envidio tu forma de vida siempre viajando.
    Un abrazo desde Gran Canaria-Isla Canarias(España)
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful skies! Sunrise is simply the best time to run.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm up to 28 minutes now on the couch-to-5k running plan but I'm still not enjoying it. I'm sure it would make all the difference to have a view like that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, thought I recognised that walk way, just back from same place lol x

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.